Product Owner/Product Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Remote
An innovative IT Consultancy seeks a Product Owner/Product Manager to manage, plan and execute the product roadmap in accordance with the company vision. Your role will require you to execute the vision of the product together with the development team, internal business users, and clients. You must be able to work closely with internal and external users and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders with differing backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have worked in the Agile methodology space and be able to work with our development team in an Agile environment.
- Defining the vision of the product and its roadmap.
- Translating the roadmap into product backlog with prioritised feature list.
- Management and prioritisation of the Product Backlog.
- Wireframing, present to stakeholders and then and engaging with the Designer on UI/UX components.
- Manage multiple streams of requests into Product Backlog.
- Carry out market trend and competitor analysis to identify new product features.
- Ensure development meets users’ needs, market trends and business development requirements.
- Act as liaison between internal business and clients, and development team.
- Write well-formed User Stories with acceptance criteria for development team.
- Record key product decisions and rationale.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Backlog grooming, Planning Poker).
- Support End User queries and working on new requests.
- Working on new product features.
- Experience with Agile methodology.