Product Manager (Checkouts)
Cape Town – Western Cape
ENJOY driving complex projects through to completion? Then a leading and fast-paced eCommerce platform seeks your creative problem-solving and strong commercial acumen, to be its next Product Manager to join its Checkouts division. You will build the overall vision for the order fulfillment aspects of the Checkout portfolio while driving the execution of a multi-year roadmap that prioritizes a mix of key strategic business initiatives and user experience improvements. The ideal candidate will require a suitable Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma with 5 years’ Product Management – if no qualification then at least 8 years’ experience in a similar role including executing cross-functional projects in preferably high-traffic digital environments, Scrum/Agile and comfortable with data deep-diving in order to generate product-level insights.
- Build the overall vision for the order fulfillment aspects of the Checkout portfolio on all shopping platforms (web and apps).
- Drive execution of a multi-year roadmap that prioritizes a mix of key strategic business initiatives and user experience improvements.
- Lead the migration of business logic from other parts of the organisation into Checkout empowering the team to create greater impact in the future.
- Facilitate project planning sessions and lead projects through the lifecycle to achieve the stated business objectives.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, related to a specific vertical / roadmap, including obtaining stakeholder buy-in for requirements and relevant project status communications
- Work hand-in-hand with a team of dedicated Engineers and Designers, aiming to deliver projects reliably against projected roadmap timelines (set and communicated to stakeholders on a quarterly basis).
- Be responsible for defining and reporting on the success metrics of the projects on the Checkout Fulfillment roadmap.
- Move the needle of the team’s “North Star” metric through consistent execution of projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in a related field with at least 5 years of Product Management experience or exposure (through projects or responsibilities).
- If the Degree/Diploma qualification requirement isn’t met, at least 8 years of Product Management experience or exposure (through projects or responsibilities).
- Experience executing cross-functional projects, preferably in high-traffic digital environments.
- Experience with a version of Scrum/Agile for project execution.
- Prior experience in ecommerce and/or Supply Chain would be highly preferred.
- Have customer-centricity at the forefront of all conversations and decisions.
- Able to distill technical subjects into their fundamental concepts that can facilitate the effective exchange of ideas between business stakeholders and software development teams.
- Have strong commercial acumen for the factors that drive business success in a fast-paced e-commerce environment.
- Comfortable with data deep-diving, individually and collaboratively, in order to generate product-level insights.
- Be proactive in exploring your problem space and surroundings, in support of your team’s product vision and roadmap.
- Highly accountable when it comes to meeting deadlines and driving projects.