Product Developer/Buyer (Franschhoek)
Cape Town – Western Cape
PLAY a critical role in the development, sourcing and management of Homeware, Garden & Kids ranges of our client, nestled in the picturesque Franschhoek wine valley, seeking your ambition and innovative thinking to be its next Project Developer/Buyer. Your role will also include Range building, stock management, margin and sales. You will require a suitable Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years’ experience within a Retail / Commerce / eCommerce environment, preferably with a lifestyle brand and solid knowledge about product development: materials, print, techniques, etc.
You will also a head for numbers as you will be working alongside the Finance team for margin calculations and supplier costings.
- Product development, sourcing, research and management.
- Range building.
- Stock management, margin, sales.
- Supplier Management.
- Product education and training.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 Years’ experience within a Retail / Commerce / eCommerce environment, preferably with a lifestyle brand.
- Adequate knowledge about product development: materials, print, techniques, etc.
- You are interested in homeware and garden-related products.
- Strong numerical skills to work alongside the Finance team for margin calculations and supplier costings.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Fully computer literate.
- Own transport.
- Fluent in written and spoken Afrikaans and English.
- Forward-thinking and look ahead with innovative ideas, identifying new opportunities and trends.
- An eye for detail and style.
- Honest and diligent with a strong work ethic.
- Take pride in your work and get things done.
- A problem-solver.
- Can negotiate.
- A self-starter and an independent worker with a willingness to keep learning.
- Able to work in a big team with different personalities.
- Thrive in an environment where things move quickly and change often.