Product Designer (CPT Hybrid)
Cape Town – Western Cape
A cutting-edge Software Development House seeks a critical thinking & solutions-driven Product Designer whose core role will be to take the project from the design processes all the way through to launch of the product, and thereafter the iteration process. Your role will entail setting project success metrics, risks & assumptions, facilitating ideation workshops and working with the UX team to prototype concepts and establish designs while ensuring product design as established in Discovery & Design process is carried through into the technical build. You must have 4 years or more as a Product Designer in the Tech industry.
Project Scoping –
- Elicit project requirements from project stakeholders.
- Clearly define project context deliverables and outcomes.
- Set project success metrics, risks, assumptions and any other related information necessary for the execution of the marketing.
Manage Discovery & Design Process –
- Facilitation of Discovery workshops internally and with clients and external stakeholders.
- Organise and conduct user research to establish pain points, opportunities and potential customer segments.
- Analyse and synthesise user research for purposes of ideation and definition.
- Conduct industry and other research for purposes of Discovery.
- Analyse and synthesise industrial related research for purposes of ideation and definition.
- Facilitate ideation workshops and concept evaluation.
- Turn concepts into testable wireframes, user stories etc and conduct validation of concepts.
- Work with UX team to prototype concepts and establish designs and to establish the overall user experience.
- Work with the Media Team to establish high-level brand concepts for products and establish go-to-market strategies.
Product build oversight –
- Work closely with Technical Product Owner to ensure product design as established in Discovery & Design process is carried through into the technical build.
- Ensure consistency in UI/UX across the product, together with the brand concept.
Project Management –
- Correspond with the client during the Product Design journey.
- Keep client informed of all design project activities and deliverables.
- Build relationships with clients for longevity.
Iterative Product Design –
- Work with Customer Experience team and Technical Project Manager to ensure product road reflects the needs of the users.
- Help facilitate growth by optimising all parts of the customer experience journey.
- Understand customers through analysis, research and direct interaction.
- Establish product feedback strategy to guide enhancement and improvement of the product.
- Suggest product enhancements and improvements.
- 4 Years or more as a Product Designer in the Tech industry.
- Product Design, Project Management or any related qualification will be to your advantage.
- Collaborative team player.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Critical thinker and natural problem solver.
- Organised and able to work under pressure.
- Multi-skilled with varied experience.
- Professional with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Design Thinking & Lean acumen.