Procurement Manager (Financial Services)
Cape Town – Western Cape
DRIVE strategic procurement practices and incorporation of business units as your strong business acumen and experience as a Procurement Manager is sought by a dynamic Financial Services Group. Your role will entail managing the strategic procurement capabilities while ensuring strategic sourcing processes and practices, which include supplier identification, development and performance management. The ideal candidate must be qualified as a Chartered Accountant or have an equivalent relevant tertiary qualification with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in Retail or Financial Services. You must also possess the creative ability to design new reporting to drive business efficiencies.
- Detailed analysis of spend patterns and vendor markets to support ongoing procurement optimisation activities.
- Identify opportunities to re-negotiate suppler terms to deliver savings.
- Ownership of the procurement savings plan aligned to the Company strategy.
- Understanding and communicating the cost drivers and influencers of the suppliers and market conditions relevant to procurement.
- Manage and develop internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure that procurement policies, procedures and controls meet the organisation standards and expectations and best practice.
- Develop and maintain reports to track completion of procurement deliverables and ensure adherence to the overall requirements of the stakeholders involved.
- Drive strategic procurement practices and incorporation of business units into the procurement process
- Maintenance of the contracts register and contract summaries from which annual vendor reviews are scheduled and conducted.
- Effective integration with regional and central teams and delivery of group integration requirements and ensure that local procurement practices are aligned to the Group.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or relevant equivalent.
- Experience engaging with senior business stakeholders.
- 3-5 Years of relevant experience in Retail or Financial Services.
- Creative ability to design new reporting to drive business efficiencies.
- Experience in executing and co-ordinating core Procurement processes (strategic sourcing, category management) would be advantageous.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Solution-orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert attention to detail – high quality and accuracy of output.
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact at all levels.
- Ability to influence and persuade.