Process Engineer (SA/USA)
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ United States
YOUR ability to readily adjust to changing priorities, innovation and drive as a Process Engineer is sought by a provider of cutting-edge Engineering Solutions in Durbanville to facilitate the seamless transition of new products and options into the production environment. Key functions will include day-to-day production and quality support, facilities and tooling development, project management and introducing new products/options into production. You will require a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or equivalent, 3-5 years Engineering work experience including Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Visual Management & a solid understanding of Time Study / Line Balancing. Candidates will work in Cape Town for 12-16 months and then move overseas to the States for the rest of their employment period.
- Be responsible to manufacturing engineering, industrial and process engineering related functions.
- Facilitate the seamless transition of new products and options into the production environment.
- Perform all aspects of continuous improvement including but not limited to, implementing Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S and Visual Management, throughput improvements, quality improvements, Safety and Ergonomics, tooling and equipment development for the efficient assembly of severe duty class 8 trucks, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical /Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 Years of Engineering experience.
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Visual Management.
- Understanding of Time Study / Line Balancing.
- Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks Composer and NX Unigraphics would be a benefit.
- Computer literacy with Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Willing to relocate to the USA.
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizenship.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to understand business practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Production-oriented and hands-on.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English).