Process Engineer (Industrial/Mech Eng)
Cape Town – Western Cape
CAN you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed? Then your drive and ability to expertly juggle multiple tasks is sought by a fast-paced Engineering Service Provider in Durbanville seeking its next Process Engineer. You will be responsible for manufacturing Engineering, Industrial and Process Engineering related functions including day-to-day production and quality support, facilities and tooling development, project management and introducing new products/options into production. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to readily adjust to changing priorities, is innovative and self-driven and has a hands-on approach to problem solving while working well within a team. You must also possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering Technology or equivalent, have 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment – preferably assembly in the Automotive/Heavy Truck sectors, have experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Visual Management and understand Time Study/Line Balancing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET), Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Visual Management.
- Understanding of Time Study/Line Balancing.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Assembly in the Automotive or Heavy Truck industry experience would be beneficial.
- Experience with LABWORKS programming.
- Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks Composer, and NX Unigraphics.
- Strong work ethic, great attitude and willingness to learn.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Production-oriented and hands-on.
- Effective communicator across all levels of the organisation.