Problem Analyst (ITIL)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
PROVIDE a technical expert layer to resolve technical faults escalated in accordance with ITIL processes as the next Problem Analyst sought by a dynamic provider of innovative Software & Systems Solutions. You will be responsible for identifying root-causes for escalated problems and to provide workarounds and permanent solutions to eliminate such faults. The successful incumbent must have Matric/Grade 12 & possess a National Diploma in IT or equivalent tertiary qualification with 3-5 years’ work experience in a Technical/Investigation role with a full understanding of Data and Statistical Analysis techniques and a proven track record of driving root cause analysis to conclusion.
- Always provide best-possible customer-service.
- Professionally respond to and assist with all customer queries.
- Process problem-escalations in accordance with documented processes for the purpose of identifying root-causes and providing workarounds and/or permanent resolutions.
- Monitor time spent on problem-resolution to ensure solutions (own or other entity) are achieved within contractual service-level obligations.
- Act as an Expert-Consultant to internal and external queries and requests for assistance.
- Proactively share skill- and knowledge-levels with internal structure to raise overall knowledge- and expertise-levels.
- Ensure that resolutions are documented in sufficient detail to be able to meaningful contribute to the Known Error Database (KEDB).
- Perform research and continued effort towards education for the purpose of improving knowledge- and experience-levels in the products supported by the company.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- National Diploma in IT or equivalent.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a Technical/Investigation role.
- Full understanding of Data and Statistical Analysis techniques.
- A proven track record of driving root cause analysis to conclusion.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal relationships.
- Good written and verbal Communication skills.
- Deadline orientated.
- Creative and Innovation.
- Forward planning and setting priorities.