PowerSense Embedded Engineer
Cape Town – Western Cape
AN innovative Electronics Specialist in Paarl seeks the technical talents of a PowerSense Embedded Engineer to join its team. You will play a crucial role incorporating the latest technology into the electronic module business. If you do have an inquiring innovative mind, analytical approach to problem solving with strong work ethics, resilience, and determination to solve/find solutions to develop new ideas for products and services. The ideal candidate must possess a BEng Electrical/Electronic Engineering tertiary qualification with 2-6 years’ suitable work experience including Microcontrollers, PCB design & CAD, have Analogue design and debugging skills, technical writing ability and be comfortable working with AC mains voltages.
- Electronic circuit design utilising ASICs.
- Schematic capturing.
- Prototyping and testing of electronic circuits.
- Design verification and commercialization of electronic designs.
- Assist in writing technical specifications and datasheets.
- Draft test specifications for products.
- Production support during manufacturing.
- Capture and document product requirements as they become available.
- Scope and communicate the design activity using a systems approach.
- Evaluate options by synthesizing solutions against requirements.
- Liaise with various members of the various teams to ensure understanding of IP as well as Design for X requirements.
- Design and prototype solutions which will require:
- Electrical / Electronic hardware design and PCB layout.
- Mechanical designs / considerations.
- Firmware Development.
- Actively engage and review proposals in a multi discipline team environment.
- Qualify designs.
- Document and industrialize designs by preparing:
- Data-packs consisting of AI’s, BOM’s
- Product costings
- Product manuals
- Technical specifications and/or datasheets
- Provide support during production to Manufacturing teams.
- Support members utilising solutions as well as clients.
- Ensure products are conducted within the ISO framework.
- BEng (Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
- 2-6 Years relevant work experience.
- Analogue design and debug skills.
- PCB design and CAD skills.
- Be comfortable working with AC mains voltages.
- A keen interest in power electronics.
- Experience with Microcontrollers.
- An intuition for all things mechanical.
- Good language and technical writing skills.
- Firmware Development experience: C/C++, Python, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Linux.