POS Application Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A fast-paced FinTech company seeks the technical abilities of a POS Application Developer to join its team. Your core role will entail developing the new functionalities and functions on Point-of-Sale application, planning & deploying software solutions, documenting test cases and participating in code reviews and updating release commits in Confluence. The ideal candidate requires 3-5 years’ Development experience including 2 years’ POS/Payment Application & Implementation and DevOps Support and 3+ year’s Android SDK, Java/Kotlin Development and Golang development. You also need hands-on experience with MySQL, Mongo databases, Unit Tests, Android Studio, Git, RxJava, Dagger 2, Retrofit, Linux, DBMS/RDBMS, OOP, SOA, WPF, WCF and Web Services and a good understanding of POS concepts and different types of POS machines in the market like VeriFone, Ingenico and Android POS.
- Planning, development, deployment, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Define tasks and give time estimates.
- Write clean, maintainable code and test it.
- Roll out new features and analyse (and react) to the results you learn about from QA Engineers and user feedback.
- Document the test cases with respect to new developments/functionalities.
- Document the changes and update release commits in Confluence.
- Issue Investigation and find the root cause and fix the defects quickly.
- Issue Analysis – Root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with clients and both project and technical teams.
- Able to present your solutions in front of clients and/or a group of colleagues.
- Proactively communicate with other team members and project stakeholders.
- Use Agile methodologies in development.
- Participate in code reviews, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Continually improve your skills and push others to go forward with their knowledge.
- Work in a cross-functional team.
- 3-5 Years of experience in Development, including a minimum 2 years of experience in POS/Payment Application and related component development.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Implementation and DevOps Support.
2+ Years –
- Professional experience with Android SDK and Java/Kotlin development.
- Golang development.
Hands-on Experience with –
- Development on MySQL and Mongo databases.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Writing clean and testable code as well as Unit Tests.
- Android Studio, Git, RxJava, Dagger 2, Retrofit.
- Distributed messaging and push notification services.
- Linux environment and shell scripting.
- DBMS/RDBMS, OOP, SOA, WPF, WCF and Web Services.
- Good knowledge of Kotlin or published apps written in Kotlin.
- Good understanding of POS concepts and different types of POS machines in the market like VeriFone, Ingenico and Android POS.
- Good debugging and code review routine.
- Good to have knowledge of payment transactions, online processing, Batch Processing’s, Acquiring and issuing concepts.
- Desire for research and improvement of current development processes and code architecture.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent English knowledge.