PHP Developer (Remote/CPT/JHB)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Remote
- Write PHP code and tests, pushing to production independently.
- Write and maintain platform infrastructure as code.
- Convert high level designs into standards compliant efficient and performant PHP/HTML/CSS.
- Implement monitoring tools in order to grow platform observability.
- Review code, providing valuable improvements for the team.
- Design system-level code and deliver significant team-level projects.
- Write and execute Unit Test plans.
- Develop detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements.
- Investigate and resolve defects.
- Participate in functional and technical specification reviews.
- Monitor services and systems within our infrastructure.
- Work effectively across multiple teams to deliver large projects.
- Mentor Junior Developers.
- Continuously improve the architecture methodologies and find ways to improve code design, system performance, high scalability and security vulnerabilities.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience nice to have.
- 3+ Years in Software Development.
- Knowledge and understanding of networking, databases, data structures, algorithms, cloud computing, security, code design, distributed systems and testing.
- Understand how to build solutions at scale without increasing technical debt.
- Issue tracking systems (Jira advantageous).
- Version control systems (Git advantageous).
- Solid experience working in a cloud environment (GCP advantageous)
- Experience working with Docker / Kubernetes advantageous
- In-depth understanding of coding best practices, system scalability, security and performance tuning.
- Relational Database Systems (SQL), Linux.
- Hard working attitude with a desire to succeed.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Well-developed listening and communication skills.
- Good attitude towards collaboration with colleagues.
- Display willingness to learn new languages and frameworks.
- Be comfortable working within a team.