IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
Medical Records Hosting concern wants a PHP Developer who is keen to explore, question, innovate and contribute on a conceptual level to the overall product. An organic requirement gathering process means what gets built is informed by real user feedback, a desire to disrupt the industry and to enhance the overall user experience of the platform. 3yrs+ experience in delivering PHP-based web applications is required.
- Maintain and improve existing code base and feature sets.
- Contribute to the understanding and compilation of new feature requirements, as well as suggest sensible technical solutions.
- Understand and implement industry standard security best practices.
- Proactively contribute to the improvement of the existing code base.
- Liaise with Testers during quality assurance and delivering well tested features.
- Have a solid understanding of server configuration and database management, in order to manage data and applications critical to the business.
- Research and implement 3rd party integrations without affecting the system’s security posture.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in delivering PHP-based web applications.
- Positive, can-do attitude and flexibility to contribute to any part of the development life cycle.
- A solid understanding of the software development process, including use of version control and continuous integration systems.
- Modern PHP MVC frameworks and OOP, ideally Symfony2 and Doctrine ORM.
- An understanding of programming patterns and practices will be greatly beneficial.
- Expertise in relational database design, optimisation and maintenance.
- Experience in MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database technologies.
Preferred Skills –
- Source code control using Git, preferably experienced with Bitbucket and Bitbucket pipelines.
- Integrating web services using REST APIs.
- ReactJS or similar experience.
- Development tools such as Composer, Bower, Gulp, Twitter Bootstrap, LESS or SASS.
- Unit Testing with PHPUnit.
- Docker and/or Ansible experience.
- Experience using task management systems such as JIRA.
- Experience in mobile app development either natively or using Apache Cordova and a framework such as Ionic.
- Experience with VMware.
- Linux (Ubuntu) server configuration, monitoring & management.
- Experience in AWS/Microsoft Azure deployment/setup and maintenance.
- An interest in video games.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Peer-to-peer code review, opportunities for acquiring new skills on a weekly basis and a solid SCRUM approach to development – combined with a flat development structure – ensures all Developers feel valued and productive.