IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
PROVIDE expertise though consultation, support and training of key global clients as a Performance Consultant sought by a leader in Cloud-based Analytics Solutions. You will be tasked with ensuring clients gain maximum benefit from software solutions on offer and that these meet their individual requirements. You will also be expected to provide support to the Sales team in the form of client product demonstration while with the close collaboration with various Product Managers, you will also contribute valuable input to the development of software products. The ideal candidate will require a relevant Bachelor’s tertiary qualification with an aptitude for quantitative analysis, have least 5 years’ working experience within Asset Management, Custodians or Analytics Vendors, Middle/Back office or in a Fund Accounting, a strong understanding of investment analysis techniques and calculations including performance, attribution and analytics & knowledge of composite and account reporting to achieve and maintain GIPS® compliance. Candidates with CIPM, or CFA Charter will be preferred.
- Offer consulting services to the Performance client base including, implementation and data consulting, process engineering and manager reviews.
- Identify opportunities for further consulting sales as well as product sales and to alert the relevant Account Manager.
- Assist with addressing client issues and managing client relationships.
- Assist with pre-sales and proof of concepts to demonstrate the capability of Performance products.
- Offer coaching and knowledge transfer to other Performance Consultants.
- Attend weekly Client Service meetings, offering feedback as to assigned issues.
- Participate in Client Services testing of new product releases.
- Work closely with Line Managers and within governance structures to address client issues.
- Maintain and fully utilise internal business productivity tools.
- Update internal Central Relationship Management (CRM) systems with any problems raised, detailing the cause and solution.
- Suitable Bachelors Qualification, showing an aptitude for quantitative analysis.
- CIPM or CFA Charter or in progress is advantageous.
- At least 5 years working experience within Asset Management, Custodians or Analytics Vendors.
- A strong understanding of investment analysis techniques and calculations including performance, attribution and analytics.
- Understanding of supporting operational workflow and data dependencies as well as understanding of different asset classes and instrument types.
- Experience in working with the above at the sub portfolio level down to security level.
- A good knowledge of composite and account reporting to achieve and maintain GIPS® compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the investment management industry and key fund accounting concepts. Candidates with CIPM, or CFA Charter will be preferred.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Information Technology within a data and analytical context.
- Proven experience in the use of investment management systems particularly analytics systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, multicultural environment wherein diplomacy and a passion for diversity are paramount.
- Asset Management Middle/Back office or in a Fund Accounting experience, or within an analytics technology software organisation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- An understanding of advanced risk analysis (VaR, Stress Testing, Back Testing, Risk Attribution etc.).
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative.
- Able to analyse problems and identify resolutions at a strategic and functional level.
- Can develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide audience, from technical staff to management, clients and co-workers.
- Proven ability to successfully manage client interaction, planning, training, execution and delivery.
- Act in accordance with and is an ambassador of the company values – Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service.