Payroll Administrator (JHB Hybrid)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A provider of diversified Investment Solutions in Joburg seeks a highly meticulous Payroll Administrator with strong numerical skills to provide oversight over all administrative activities related to payroll, processing payroll on a regular basis and managing benefits where applicable. Working in conjunction with the HR Department, you will help assist with tasks including leave capturing and management while handling salary-related queries and checking and updating benefit sheets monthly and submit them to the Payroll Manager. Applicants must have a suitable Payroll Diploma, 2+ years’ Payroll work experience with proficiency on Sage 300 People.
- Process all related payroll input monthly.
- Reconcile changes in earnings and deductions etc. for monthly sign-off by the Payroll Manager.
- Monitor and analyse all payroll input / activity ensuring policy compliance.
- Take-on and termination administration efficiently and timeously gathered and collated for input and processing.
- Handle queries related to salaries, leave and other salary-related information.
- Check and update benefit sheets monthly and submit them to the Payroll Manager.
- Leave capturing and management.
- Assist with employee self-service processes.
- General filing.
- Assist the HR and payroll department with ad hoc administration tasks and duties.
- General reporting as required.
- A relevant Payroll Diploma.
- At least 2+ years’ Payroll related experience.
- Working knowledge on Sage 300 People.
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint).
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Time-management skills.
- Service oriented, delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills – ability to liaise at all levels.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks.
- Planning, organizing and coordination skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Numerical Reasoning skills.
- Communication skills.
- Decision making skills.