Operations Team Leader
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and leadership is sought to be the next Operations Team Leader of a dynamic Finance Administration Firm. Your role will entail managing a team of Administrators who are responsible for executing the processing and reporting of investor instructions based on client specific service level agreements. The business is responsible for processing instructions into local and offshore Unit Trust. The primary responsibility will be to lead and manage the team’s total operational and people capabilities. This includes embedding processes and ensuring the mitigation of risks and the delivery of exceptional client service. In addition, you will be required to manage staff, including performance management and aiding in their professional development. You should ideally have a relevant BCom/BBusSci tertiary qualification with 5 years’ strong operational knowledge in the Unit Trust administration space with knowledge of Collective Investment Schemes Control Act.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations, ensuring that the team adheres to the clients’ current Service Level Agreement and to add value to clients by continually trying to improve the services provided.
- Ensure that the team performs according to contracted performance areas to deliver the highest level of service to stakeholders.
- Plan, assign and monitor work of the team members.
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Pro-actively identify and manage operational risks.
- Investigate and resolve client and internal queries efficiently and on a timely basis.
- Regularly engage, interact with and report to management and the clients.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure that regulations as set out by the compliance managers in respect of FICA/AML/FATCA are met.
- Identify ways of promoting accuracy and maximizing productivity within the team.
- Maintain high levels of teamwork within the team, different departments, and external parties to resolve client queries.
- Respond in a professional, timely and empathetic manner to both written and telephonic enquiries from internal and external clients.
- Ensure Beginning-of-Day and End-of-Day processes are completed.
- Balance own priorities while directing and motivating others.
- Management of team deliverables, training, and day to day team management.
- Ongoing development of team members, including performance management.
- Ad hoc Project Management and reporting.
- Ideally candidates will have a relevant tertiary qualification such as a BCom/BBusSci.
- At least 5 years’ experience with strong operational knowledge in the Unit Trust administration space will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years’ people management experience would be an advantage.
- A strong operational knowledge of Customer Due Diligence would be an advantage.
- Strong operational knowledge of Collective Investment Schemes Control Act.
- Proficient in the MS Office suite with Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Flexcube knowledge.
- Finswitch knowledge.
- Digiata modules.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail, passionate about exceptional client services, professional, with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Proactive with a sense of urgency and the ability to make quick decisions and establish priorities.
- Ability to simplify complex problems and processes and be outcomes driven.
- Self-motivated, learns quickly and willing to be stretched in a challenging, dynamic, and exciting environment.
- Able to deal with and manage difficult, demanding clients.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, ensuring delivery of high-quality output (Flexibility required).
- Unquestionable integrity and accountability.