Operational Risk Control Officer (ORC)
Cape Town – Western Cape
DELIVER, maintain and supervise the required governance and control framework of an innovative Financial Services Group seeking your expertise as its next Operational Risk Control Officer (ORC). The role will entail risk identification processes and execution of the Operational Risk Management framework, which is compliant with local regulations. The incumbent will partner with stakeholders in order to protect the company from inadequacy or failure of internal processes and from deliberate, accidental or natural external events. You will require a suitable Bachelor’s Degree or higher with at least 3 years’ work experience within an Audit/Compliance or similar function. Any prior experience within Financial Services with a particular focus on risk, controls and governance will prove beneficial.
- Contribute towards the ongoing development of the ORC function.
- Strong collaboration and to provide support to the first line of defense (Supervise and Train on methodology) within all functional areas to ensure the management of the Operational Permanent Control capabilities.
- Assist in securing an operational risk awareness culture across the company.
- Stay abreast of Group guidelines, local regulation and best practices with regards to the identification and assessment of operational risks pertaining to the various functional areas and any new products or activities.
- Ensure that the right set of procedures are in place and maintained across the company.
- Monitor the deployment and due execution of control pans (Levels 1 and 2) across business lines and functions.
- Monitor any recommendations issued by the Group’s Inspection Générale and alert on any overdue or potential overdue recommended actions.
- Follow up on the implementation of action plans that may be issued due to i) failed controls ii) PANO conditions raised iii) findings and recommendations from Group General Inspection iv) High and very high residual risks identified v) significant historical incidents.
- Monitor and investigate the operational risks Incidents management framework (including internal fraud); reporting; analysis of root causes and their effects on both the business and its customers; follow up of action plans required to remedy incidents and deliver fair customer outcomes; and validate evidence received in support of incident related Management Action Plans.
- A relevant and applicable Bachelors’ Degree or higher.
- 3 Years relevant experience within an Audit/Compliance or similar function.
- Experience of the Financial Services industry with particular emphasis risk, controls and governance advantageous.