Onsite Production Supervisor
Somerset West – Western Cape
ONE of SA’s leading Industrial IoT firms developing software solutions for the Mining, Healthcare & Maritime sectors seeks a technically minded Onsite Production Supervisor to join its team. You will assist the Production Manager to oversee and organise equipment, staff and processes on the Production floor. You will require 5 years’ experience in technology production/assembly, experience in Process control (Ability to monitor and adjust a proves to give a desired output), Inventory and the management & knowledge of Bills of Materials. You will also need be knowledgeable of implementing the Health and Safety act of South Africa.
Production/Assembly Order Management –
- Take ownership of delivering orders on time, within budget and according to specification.
- Order scheduling and progress updates.
- Create Bill of Material’s and liaise with Finance to approve and place relevant orders.
Production/Assembly Operations –
- Improve and enforce the assembly processes and workflows.
- Understand and resolve operational issues.
- Enforce quality control procedures and ensure adherence.
- Implement and maintain Health & Safety policies for production site.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation by ensuring the safety of all employees.
- Manage the production process (from project kick-off to shipment.
- Shop Floor management.
- Production job processing.
- Monitor Production output according to specifications.
- Oversee the manufacturing process and assist where required with complex technical procedures.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
Staff/Team Management –
- Manage production staff (Exp. Leave, Discipline, or any related staff queries).
- Organise workflow and prepare schedules.
- Train and mentor Production staff.
Supplier/Contractor Management –
- Source suppliers or contractors to outsource work when needed.
- Maintain good relationship, negotiate payment terms, discounts etc.
- Qualification in a technical, engineering or relevant field will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technology production/assembly.
- Experience in Process control (Ability to monitor and adjust a proves to give a desired output).
- Inventory and the management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Bills of Materials.
- Processes and workflow control experience.
- Knowledge and experience implementing the Health and Safety act of South Africa.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- A valid Driver’s Licence and own transport (might be required to travel to suppliers from time to time, KMs travelled will be reimbursed according to SARS recommendations).
- Project Management experience.
- Experience using various types of manufacturing machines/tools.
- Project Management.
- Proficient in Unleashed or similar Inventory management system.
- Continuous improvement certification or practical experience of improving flow of a production/assembly/factory operation.
- Supply Chain management experience,
- Proven implementation of quality policies and control.
- A Tech savvy and mechanically minded individual.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills, with a result driven approach.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.