Onsite IT Engineer
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
OUR client, a provider of comprehensive IT solutions based in Cape Town, seeks an ambitious Onsite IT Engineer to provide exceptional customer service & tech support. Your role will include maintenance and ensuring solutions to all applications and technical issues on server, workstation and mobile device environments across all operating systems in within a client’s organisation. This is to ensure clients can access all IT resources when needed and that their network is operating optimally. You will also be expected when required, to mentor the Junior Engineers and Technicians.
- Communicate with clients effectively and directly via phone, email and remote diagnostics to identify and resolve client reported issues – in both technical and non-technical roles onsite.
- Log tickets to keep track of tasks onsite.
- Keep delivery of stock sheet updated and ensure all stock is signed for.
- Conduct ongoing server monitoring and maintenance to ensure optimal environment/
- Take responsibility for effective delivery of work within clients Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Assist clients with a high level of consultancy by recommending hardware, software and products that may benefit or enhance a client’s network.
- Participate in research and development activities.
- Maintain and update technical knowledge through learning and studying.
- Manage and select tools for projects within onsite environment.
- Effective communication with clients onsite as well as with the office.
- Introduce and advise on new technologies and learning new concepts and systems efficiently.
- Assist client after hours if need be.