IT – Support
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
A dynamic Managed IT Services Provider in Durban is in search of an accomplished and forward-thinking NOC Technician to handle a multitude of items including scheduled proactive maintenance, automated alerts (including
Security), changes, documentation maintenance, and other functions to ensure that the IT ecosystems supported enjoy maximum uptime with minimum unplanned outages.
- Because they are responsible for monitoring multiple networks and systems, NOC jobs are very demanding.
- The NOC Technicians maintain uptime for all IT systems by monitoring network errors, malware, and all issues
- pertaining to security. To maintain efficiency and an ideal network environment, NOC Technicians are required to study their systems to make decisions quickly.
- Troubleshooting and Resolution
- Alarm Handling and Escalation
- Client Interaction
- Documentation and Reporting
- Email hosting services.
- Voice and video data management.
- Documentation and reporting.
- Data storage management.
- Power failure monitoring.
- Manage system back-ups.
- Vendor ticket management.
- Supervising common threats, DOS attacks and viruses.
- Hardware configuration including firewalls and routers.
- Network analysis and routine troubleshooting.
- Maintaining the stability of the core network.
- Engaging in on-call rotation shifts 24/7 or whenever necessary.
- Identification and prevention of any potential issues regarding the network.
- Making recommendations for improvements in organizational productivity and the network.
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate
- Currently A+ and N+ or equivalent Certification
- 3 – 4 years of industry relevant Experience in email/phone/onsite troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Driver’s License (advantageous)
- A good understanding of PC software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Completion of all stated internal and external training as per the individual Personal
- Development Plan.
- VMware Experience (Basic)
- Mac Workstation Experience (Intermediate+)
- Microsoft Office Application Support Experience (Expert)
- Internet Connectivity Support Experience (Expert)
- Advanced Networking Experience
- Experience Administering cloud services
- Windows Server Administration and Support certification.
- Exchange Server Administration and Support certification.
- Minimum 3 years of industry relevant Experience in email/phone/onsite troubleshooting.
- Broad based knowledge of industry standard software products in support of customer environments.
- VMware VCP (VMware Certified Professional) – VMware Expert (Understanding VMware Clustering and vSwitches)
- Windows Server, Exchange, and Office 365 (Expert) – Must at least have a MCSA Windows Server 2016 or Equivalent – Having experience setting up and troubleshooting issues.
- SAN Experience (Expert) – Having installed, configured, and troubleshooted.
- Minimum +5 years of Industry Experience in IT, working with Servers in depth and in an IT Support Environment
- Completion of all stated internal and external training as per the individual Personal Development Plan.