New Business Developer and Broker Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR sales wizardry is sought to fill the role of a New Business Developer and Broker Manager wanted by a dynamic Financial Services Provider. You will be expected to identify and close new business opportunities in the Corporate/Commercial (UMA’s) and Group Scheme in the Long-term Insurance market. The ideal candidate must have Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 6, be REF and FAIS Certified, have at least 5 years work experience in a Business Development or Sales Executive role, accompanied by a proven track record of achievement against individual sales target with a solid understanding of Long-term Insurance market and legislation, strong Performance Management experience and Presentation and Proposal Writing skills.
- Identify and close new business opportunities in the Corporate/Commercial (UMA’s) and Group Scheme in the Long-term Insurance market.
- Management of sales budget against sales targets.
- Identify and manage the creation of new business opportunities for the company in order to expand the market size of the companies Brokers and support the Broker with new sales opportunities.
- Build and manage an individual pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Responsible for external networking and relationship building with potential business partners.
- Facilitate achievement of set targets in the region and by driving sales performance at all times.
- Stay abreast of changes to the Long-term Insurance offering to the market as well as relevant developments in the industry.
- Qualify the new business opportunities that result from these initial steps in the sales process.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 6.
- RE5 and FAIS Qualifications.
- Relevant tertiary business qualification will be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Development or Sales Executive role, accompanied by a proven track record of achievement against individual sales target.
- Sales training.
- Sound understanding of Long-term Insurance market and legislation.
- Business Development/Sales experience in the Long-term Insurance industry
- Professional Presentation skills.
- Professional Proposal Writing skills.
- Excellent computing skills (MS Office and Excel and Word) are essential.
- Strong Performance Management experience.
- A successful track record in meeting targets and achieving premium customer service.
- Own transport essential.
- Strong numerical ability/ financial acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Strong consulting ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving, verbal, and written communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Well versed in the English language (speak, read & write) and ability to clearly communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to deal with complex customer queries and concerns.
- Professional with a high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Able to motivate, coach and influence people positively.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage workload and prioritise activities.