Network & Security Ops Manager
IT – Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
DESIGN, tweak, control, and manage the operational process and integrity of technological services for the customers within the Managed Workspace of a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist seeking a highly technical Network & Security Ops Manager. You will further ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations within budget purposes and to drive cost savings and stock control with the Business Unit Manager. In collaboration with the Management team, you will also contribute to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices. The ideal candidate requires Matric/Grade 12, a suitable IT Degree with 2-4 years’ work experience in a similar role including a strong background in Operations, basic Operations guidance and understanding of financials, Parts Management Principles & an understanding of the System/Product Engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with System Engineering in a delivery focussed, commercially successful organisation.
- Contribute to short and long-term organisational planning and strategy as a member of the Management team.
- Identify operational processes, outputs and feedback, and use this transformation process to improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of an organisation’s mission.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Manage subcontractors to deliver on SLA requirements.
- Manage the lifecycle of stock part of the incident, request or IMACD to ensure it is recovered as per the internal process.
- Manage PAR levels at all field stock locations.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of services through improvements to each SLA.
- Ensure all SLAs are fulfilled within the contracted agreement with customer.
- Be involved with the BU Manager with overall financial management, planning, systems and controls, and organising fiscal documents.
- Manage the impact that working capital, budgeting, financial statements and cost-cutting has on the cashflow of Managed Workspace.
- Regular meetings with the BU Manager around fiscal planning for the quarter and year ahead.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organisation’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Ensure quality Operations Management in an organisation by finding the perfect processes for the people who have to get the work done.
- Manage and increase effectiveness and efficiency of Managed Workspace through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between staff.
- Create an empowering work environment to maximise and align workforce efforts and overall team productivity.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Relevant IT Degree.
- 2-4 Years relevant work experience.
- Strong background and work experience in Operations.
- Basic understanding of financials.
- Basic Operations guidance.
- Parts Management Principles.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Solid understanding of Financial Management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses dealing with software and hardware products.
- Demonstrates understanding of the System/Product Engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with System Engineering in a delivery focussed, commercially successful organisation.
- Confident and effective dealing with Customers and end users.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Able to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Can perform within a multi-functional programme team comprising both company staff and the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to organise own work.