Linux Systems/Network Administrator
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
EFFECTIVELY support the server & network infrastructure of a leader in the property market seeking a strong Linux System/Network Administrator to join its team. You will require a proven track record with at least 5+ years’ experience in a similar role having managed virtualization technologies like VMware or Oracle VM, Fortinet firewalls and Cisco networking equipment. You will also preferably be CCNA or CCNP qualified and be able to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Maintain and troubleshoot LAN, WAN and internet network infrastructure. This includes firewall, router and switching equipment.
- Configure and maintain system security.
- Ensure all systems are backed up can be restored in the event of a disaster.
- Problem determination and resolution.
- Configure and maintain Network and Datacentre monitoring, alerting and trend analyses.
- Participate as a member of the after-hours standby team.
- Perform maintenance after-hours and on weekends as and when required.
- Provide 3rd Level user support.
- Install, configure and support Linux and Windows systems.
- A CCNA or CCNP qualification is preferable.
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role.
- Managing virtualization technologies like VMware or Oracle VM.
- Setting up and managing Cisco networking equipment.
- Setting up and managing Fortinet firewalls.
- Managing and troubleshooting complex networks and a proven track record.
- Performance optimization skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Manage time and workflow to meet service levels.
- Handle stressful situations effectively.
- Ability to anticipate and address problems.
- Respect for a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to work well in a team and / or individually.
- A hard worker.
- Desire to add value.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Service orientated.
- Takes initiative and is driven.