MS Server Support Engineer
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist seeks a strong technical and solutions-driven MS Server Support Engineer whose core role will be to provide Microsoft Server incident and service request support. You will also assist escalations from 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineers, do Preventative Maintenance and Backup & Antivirus Management. The ideal candidate must have Matric/Grade 12, an IT tertiary qualification and be MCSE Certified. You will require 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with the ability to identify and articulate problems and solutions to the Technical team. You should have proficiency in Azure, M365, VMware, vSphere, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, Citrix, Linux, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SCCM, Veeam, Backup Exec, N-Central, SCOM, PRTG, WhatsUp, SolarWinds, Nagios, Quest, McAfee, ESET, Symantec & Kaspersky.
- General Microsoft Server incident and service request support.
- Assist with escalations from 1st and 2nd Line Support Engineers.
- Preventative maintenance (Patch Management).
- Device Hardening and Vulnerability Management.
- Backup Management.
- Antivirus Management.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- MCSE Certified.
- Tertiary IT qualification.
- At least 5 + years’ experience supporting Microsoft Servers in a senior position.
- Ability to identify and understand problems and find suitable solutions.
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions with the Technical team.
Technologies include (but not limited to) –
- Cloud Services: Azure & M365
- Virtualisation: VMware vSphere, MS Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV
- Citrix Virtualisation
- Application Delivery Controllers: F5, Citrix, FortiADC
- Operating Systems: All Microsoft & Linux
- MS infrastructure: Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SCCM
- Backups: Veeam, Backup Exec
- Monitoring: N-Central, SCOM, PRTG, WhatsUp, SolarWinds, Nagios, Quest
- Antivirus: McAfee, ESET, Symantec, Kaspersky