Mid Level Software Engineer (Java/Node.js)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
SUPPORT local & global Digital Health projects of a fast-paced eHealth company seeking the coding talents of a critical thinking & highly technical Mid-Level Software Engineer. Joining a vibrant business and technical team, you will help deliver an effective health information system and integrated health architecture on several exciting projects. The ideal candidate must have a suitable tertiary qualification with at least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role with various technologies in production enterprise environments with proficiency in Java or Node.js, Docker (Docker Swarm in addition would be a plus), Linux including Bash scripting, Agile and SQL.
- Take ownership of the software deliverables and work unsupervised by other Senior Developers.
- Ensure features are produced to the highest possible quality.
- Responsible for Risk Management of the overall software product.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Mid-Level Software Engineer having worked with various technologies in production enterprise environments and relevant education for this role.
- Excellent coding skills and a solid understanding of web technologies and protocols.
- Experience with Java or Node.js.
- Experience with Docker (knowledge of Docker Swarm would be a plus).
- Linux (including Bash script coding).
- Use of Agile development practices.
- Expertise in SQL.
- Experience in the Public Health sector.
- Have a good understanding of health interoperability standards and patterns.
- Interest in DevOps.
- Ability to think critically, resolve problems, and eager to explore new tech stacks and tools.