Mid Android Developer (Centurion)
IT – Software Development
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization.
- Ensure that integrations run smoothly.
- Scale projects based on client feedback.
- Record and report on work done.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration.
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks such as Laravel (preferably) or Symphony.
- A good understanding of CSS and frameworks such as Bulma or Bootstrap.
- A good understanding of how websockets work.
- Familiarity with Redis or other queueing services.
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL, preferably PostgreSQL with an emphasis on the PostGIS extension.
- Familiar with white labelling of applications.
- A good understanding of how Docker works and working with Docker Compose.
- Troubleshooting issues in the implementation and debug builds.
- A good understanding of Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and setting up server environments.