Mechanical Design Engineer (EV) (SA/USA)
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ United States
A dynamic Engineering Solutions Specialist in Durbanville is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its global team. Your role will involve evaluating task scope of work, preparing and maintaining bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies, creating 3D and 2D part drawings to meet supplier and regulatory requirements while conducting concept and design reviews. You must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline, 3-10 years Engineering work experience including 3D CAD experience. Candidates will work in Cape Town for 12-16 months and then move overseas to the States for the rest of their employment period.
- Evaluate task scope of work.
- Prepare and maintain bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies.
- Product Data Management.
- Create 3D parts and 2D part drawings to meet supplier and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with overseas suppliers and customer on designs.
- Conduct concept and design reviews.
- Learning to operate CAD software packages, PLM systems.
- Support the day-to-day activities of customers.
- Provide creative and technically feasible solutions for cost savings, service issues, and product improvements.
- Interface with materials and purchasing on new part design and sourcing.
- Interface with Analysis, Test, and Manufacturing Engineering to determine the most effective and economical use of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Interface with the Product Regulation and Compliance staff to design products that meet Government regulations, restrictions, and codes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-10 Years of Engineering experience
- 3D CAD experience.
- Computer literacy with Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks Composer, and NX Unigraphics would be a benefit.
- Willing to relocate to the USA.
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizen.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English).