Mapping Implementation and Support Specialist
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
Exciting opportunity for a Mapping Implementation and Support Specialist in a well-established PropTech company in Westlake, Cape Town. They are a tight-knit team gearing up for substantial growth and are looking for individuals keen on growing with us. They are in search of candidates with relevant experience, a strong team spirit, and a proactive approach. Your main responsibility involves spearheading the development of their digital mapping solution. Project Management: Collaborate closely with a team of professional property developers to gather essential data. GIS Conversion: Work on CAD data manipulation and the conversion of specific CAD files into shape files and point data. Graphic Design: Create realistic orthorectified base maps that showcase a ‘future view’ of a land parcel using tools like Photoshop or 3D rendering applications. These maps will be used in digital mapping. In addition to map-related tasks, you may collaborate with the production and support teams to deliver and test new projects and functionalities.
- Collection of base information requirements for new projects / new phases for sales maps.
- Liaise directly with the client and their professional team during implementation phase.
- Management of deadlines and delivery dates with clients.
- Communication with clients on various platforms i.e., emails, telephonic calls, virtual meet ups as well as onsite for collection of base information as required.
- Manipulation and conversion of specific data from CAD files to be exported as shape files and points data.
- Management of data transformation from different coordinate reference systems
- Testing of all GIS data, configuration and quality checking of all work done on the test and live environment.
- Sourcing of satellite imagery from vendors
- Colour correction and graphic design of base maps
- Tiling of base maps
- Ensuring all communication is recorded on the project tasks.
- Professionally and efficiently resolving all issues logged on the system by confirming all required project implementation data with the client.
- Capturing of all implementation support issues on the Product Implementation logging system.
- Escalation of appropriate issues to the relevant Account manager when required.
- Updating of documentation on Confluence with the relevant information for the Sales Map Implementation to hand over to Support.
- Working with the Production team in delivering and testing projects and new functionality.
- Be part of the support team when required.
- Play an active role in the Agile product development process by attending morning scrum meetings and resolving testing issues timeously.
- Liaise with customers and create and maintain a close professional relationship with them, their employees, system users and professional teams.
- Working closely with the professional team of property developers to gather the required data. (Project Management)
- There is a GIS component, where CAD data manipulation & conversion of specific data from CAD files exported as shape files and points data. (GIS Conversion)
- Analysis and conversion of spatial data through mapping software and designing digital maps with geographic data and various other data sets.
- Familiarity with various data formats and software, like CAD, rasters, vectors, image tiling as well as how to perform tasks like creating spatial datasets, managing databases, data integration, and workflow automation.
- The creation of realistic Orthorectified base maps designed from planning info depicting a ‘future view’ of a land parcel using either Photoshop or 3D rendering applications, to be tiled for use in digital mapping. (Graphic design)
- Graphic Design, colour correction and creation of base maps.
- 3D rendering experience.