Manager of IT Enterprise Architecture (Cloud Contact Center)
IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
SERVE as an expert consultant for key IT projects, system integrations and system developments as the next Manager of IT Enterprise Architecture sought by a dynamic Consultancy in Cape Town. You will also act as a Senior Advisor to the Advanced IT Services Department, using technical and analytical skills to assist in detecting and solving complex IT challenges. The successful candidate must hold a suitable Degree with 7 years professional ICT experience in a similarly broad area of responsibility with corresponding leadership experience and at least 5 years’ experience designing and developing omni channel contact center solutions and technologies. Your tech toolset should include – Genesys Engage or Genesys Cloud CCAAS platforms, Azure Cognitive Services, Google DialogueFlow & Cognigy AI, AWS / Google Hyperscalers, Citrix, SQL, MPLS, SD-WAN, VPN, HPE Cluster or similar environments, 2FA security systems, VMware Hyperconverged Infrastructure and Active Directory.
In your capacity as Senior Advisor –
- Keep abreast of latest developments in Genesys and Cloud technologies, in order to provide insights that will influence the technology-driven corporate omni channel IT strategy.
- Expand the digital service platform by evaluating new and upcoming Genesys & Cloud features, then test and promote the concepts that will add value to business or customer experience.
- Drive continuous improvements and efficiencies of existing IT services, by following the Agile methodology of Develop, Test, Release, Feedback & Improve.
- Assist in the development of a holistic view of all technology in the enterprise (Enterprise Architecture Strategy) by using an Enterprise Architecture (EA) framework as guideline.
General Tasks –
- Oversee, improve and upgrade enterprise services, software and hardware.
- Assist in the scope, review and refinement of proposals that will go out on RFP to external vendors.
- Cooperate with main stakeholders being e.g., IT Operations, Senior Management, Business Development, Quality and Training, Finance and Controlling, Operations Management as well as active consulting of clients.
- Represent the IT Enterprise Architecture Department in meetings.
- Exchange with vendors on market trends and possible wins for the business.
- Support IT projects.
- Control external service providers and partners.
- Develop project budgets, controlling and reporting on expenditure.
- Exchange and align continuously with IT Operations.
- Any other IT Enterprise Architecture related topics and duties.
- A relevant Degree is essential.
- An IT professional with at least 7 years of professional ICT experience in a similarly broad area of responsibility with corresponding leadership experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing and developing omni channel contact center solutions and technologies.
- The ability to develop and maintain a future orientated innovative IT strategy for the provision of an enabling, stable and reliable information, communication and technology services platform.
- Familiar with modern aspects of computing, including virtualization, cloud and hybrid, hyper-converged computing, and software defined infrastructures.
- Proven experience and track record in managing contact center environments (Genesys or similar) including infrastructure related topics.
- Demonstrated progressive technology leadership experience e.g., Work from Home solutions, Digitalisation & Automation.
- Familiar with Agile Management methodologies and use them in a targeted and experienced manner.
- Can demonstrate experience and understand regulatory compliance topics (ISO, PCI, GDPR).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage global teams and drive outcomes virtually.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Genesys Engage or Genesys Cloud CCAAS platforms
- Azure Cognitive Services, Google DialogueFlow & Cognigy AI
- MS Azure / AWS / Google Hyperscalers
- Citrix & Citrix Cloud virtual desktop environment
- SQL, data sourcing, enterprise data management
- Network security and architecture (MPLS, SD-WAN, VPN)
- Server infrastructure (HPE Cluster or similar environments)
- 2FA security systems
- VMware Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- Active Directory
- You develop your team in an entrepreneurial way and embody a digital and agile mindset.
- You are someone who wants to make a difference in the Digital SME sector.
- You are actively involved in change processes; you have internalised transformation and active engagement with regards to new topics and innovations.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Strong Leadership skills and proven ability in leading a team to achieve objectives.
- Ability to function effectively within a multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Demonstrates effective relationship building, problem solving, negotiating, goal setting.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must be very detail orientated, and able to multitask efficiently.
- Possess the ability to work independently and adapt work schedule to the needs of the department.
- Proven track record of problem-solving and innovation.
- Ability to manage external suppliers globally ensuring SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Well-developed decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Able to think strategically.