Manager: Credit Risk Strategy & Performance
Cape Town – Western Cape
BUILD forecast models for key risk & growth metrics while driving customer acquisition campaigns and strategies as the next Manager to head up the Credit Risk Strategy & Performance division of one of SA’s leading Retail Groups. You will manage a small team of Data Scientists that determine the Credit Risk strategies for new business, Risk, Marketing, Account Management, forecasting and influencing portfolio metrics as well as performance measurement. The successful incumbent will be highly motivated analytics focused Manager who can easily engage with senior executives and will serve as a recognised contributor impacting customer experiences and company results. You will require a Stats/Maths/Operations Research or Engineering Honours or Master’s Degree with 5 year’s work experience in Credit Risk or Data Analytics, 2 year’s managing a small team with hands-on experience of large-scale customer database data interrogation and manipulation. You will also need experience with Data Mining and Statistical techniques such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Cluster Analysis etc.
- Set portfolio strategy through Credit initiatives to improve customer experience, reduce risk and maximise growth.
- Build forecast models to set realistic expectations for key risk and growth metrics.
- Monitor and analyse portfolio performance against expectation.
- Drive customer acquisition campaigns and strategies, balancing risk with growth.
- Implement and optimise existing account management strategies.
- Optimise marketing strategies through Data Mining, segmentation and models.
- Find opportunities for profit growth across new and existing account base.
- Help formulate product and marketing strategy, including new acquisitions.
- A Degree in a numerate discipline, preferably Statistics / Mathematics / Operations Research / Engineering (Honours / Master’s Degree preferable).
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a Credit Risk or Data Analytics environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a small team.
- Knowledge of the Credit industry and Credit life cycle management is preferred.
- Hands-on experience of large-scale customer database data interrogation and manipulation.
- Experience with Data Mining and Statistical techniques such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Cluster Analysis etc. is preferred.
- Excellent data interpretation skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Statistical/Data Management software packages (SAS/SQL) Enterprise Miner.
- Good strategic and conceptual abilities.
- Advanced problem solving, judgment and self-management skills.