Luxurious Adventure Experience Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
A provider of unique & exclusive Adventure Tours seeks an all round hospitality guru who has operational experience in all departments, particularly guest relations and housekeeping and with very strong focus on in Food & Beverage Management with a strong understanding of Food Safety & Risk Management and hands on experience as a chef to fill the role of its next Luxurious Adventure Experience Manager. Your role will entail recruiting staff for the upcoming season , compiling menu & drinks training manuals, preparing budgets while providing oversight of all Housekeeping pre and post season. The successful incumbent must possess a Food & Beverage Management qualification or similar discipline and have prior experience as a Chef with 10+ years’ work experience in the Hospitality industry with hands-on experience leading, executing and handling the challenges that face Food and Beverage operations.
- Recruitment of relevant roles of the upcoming season: Chefs on-ice, Food and Beverage team in Cape Town.
- Compilation of menu and drinks training manuals for Chefs and FOH; assist with Chef and FOH F&B training programme.
- Pre-season briefings and post-season debriefs with Chefs and FOH.
- Preparation of budgets for all material purchases as well as for the entire season’s food, beverages and catering need.
- Ongoing management of costs in line with set budgets.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of food preparation and menu planning (menus, recipes, ingredients, managing dietary requirements, logistics of getting food to the ice).
- Co-ordinate all aspects of beverages and cocktails for the season (menus, recipes, ingredients, logistics).
- Work with the inflight caterer to agree menus and drinks and liaise before each flight to communicate pax numbers, dietaries and specific requirements.
- Work with Cargo team to ensure all logistics, transportation and storage is taken care of for food and beverage; ensure all packing and manifesting is correctly handled and supported by the necessary documentation.
- Purchase of items/equipment required to support delivery of food and beverage menus for the season.
- Oversee all aspects of housekeeping to ensuring all linen / towel requirements are met; Liaise with Cargo and Logistics team on packing and dispatch of laundry, ensure that the necessary linen reaches the camps on time.
- Manage inventory of all Housekeeping items pre and post season.
- During the season, ongoing communication:
- With Chefs regarding food supply levels, menu feedback and ingredient quality.
- With FOH on beverage levels, linen requirements, breakages.
- With the inflight caterer to ensure all meals/drinks/amenities supplied are correct and timely.
- Oversee communications between inflight caterer and cabin crew to ensure F&B service during flights is top end.
- A Food & Beverage Qualification (or similar) and experience as a Chef.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience within the Hospitality sector, with hands on experience leading and executing the operational areas mentioned above.
- Experience dealing with the challenges that face Food and Beverage operations, procedures used in the purchasing process, and an understanding of Food Safety and Risk Management is a must.
- Knowledge of packaging for export food safety would be preferred.
- Proven track record delivering all of the above to the highest standard, meeting the expectations of well-travelled and very discerning guests – experience of similar role within Antarctica, Caribbean or African regions would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of Airline Catering / pre packed high end meala advantageous.
- Excellent planning and strong Project Management skills.
- Be physically fit enough to perform demanding logistical tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to contribute to the development of procedures and techniques.
- Strong organisational skills, able to multi-task and handle multiple (and conflicting) priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent team player and experienced leader.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently using initiative to identify requirements and set priorities.
- Willingness and ability to undertake training to acquire skills and qualifications related to.
- Agile, unflustered and able to problem solve.
- Thrives under pressure, shows the tenacity to keep on going despite challenges.
- Emulates values and ethos.