Cape Town – Western Cape
A fast-paced IT solutions company is seeking to employ a Logistics Manager (Inventory, Equipment and Fleet). As the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for procuring inventory and equipment, as well as maintaining default stock levels. You must also ensure the safety and security of the premises, inventory, equipment, and fleet. Understanding workflows, you will need to plan for short-term and long-term stock requirements. Additionally, you will manage stock control, inventory audits, and costing, and delegate stock and equipment to technical teams. You must be familiar with health and safety processes and regulations, and check and maintain facilities and fleet, including vehicle condition and repairs. Ultimately, you will increase profitability by maintaining optimal stock levels and ensuring that all company vehicles are in 100% working order.
- Daily opening & closing of the warehouse.
- Maintain a stock management system, including:
- Updated inventory records.
- Weekly spreadsheets of all stock movements.
- Monthly stock reports.
- Annual stock count & audit requirements.
- Storage and safety of all stock and equipment, especially high value, and critical equipment.
- Regulating daily stock check-in and checkout procedures.
- Procurement, including:
- Understanding business requirements re: supply and demand.
- Placing orders to maintain default stock as required.
- Evaluating suppliers and negotiating competitive pricing.
- Maintaining and managing relationships with suppliers.
- Purchase order (PO) details and vendors information, invoices, and pricing for internal databases.
- Tracking shipments and updating management on expected delivery dates.
- Compliance with company policies and shipping legislations.
- Ensure proper storage and distribution processes are followed.
- Fleet management, including:
- Managing A-Z of fleet.
- Driver compliance, testing and training, and code of conduct.
- Ensuring all drivers are adhering to the Cybersmart Vehicle Usage Policy.
- Procurement, repair, and maintenance, regulatory and licensing, general conditioning, and cleaning.
- Audit repair and maintenance costs on a quarterly basis and provide management with relevant reports.
- On-line Shop management, including:
- Managing A-Z of on-line shop: sales, swap outs and returns, dispatch, and courier engagement.
- Liaising with all clients in a professional manner.
- Assist health and safety with regular safety audits on all equipment & facilities.
- Stay up to date with safety regulations.
- Ensure correct and safe procurement processes are upheld.
- From time to time, be prepared to undertake any reasonable requests as requested by Management.
- Be willing to assist with any new tasks as and when required by the company.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Logistics/Store Manager.
- Fully computer literate (MS Word and Excel a must).
- Forklift license.
- Healthy individual – good physical condition.
- H&S Certification (advantageous).
- First Aid (advantageous).
- Confident individual that can work unsupervised.
- Attention to detail and excellent administration skills.