Linux Server Engineer
IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
A fast-paced innovative Investment Firm seeks a technically strong Linux Server Engineer with a passion for Cloud tech to join its team. If you are looking for more exposure in the sphere of Azure & AWS, then this role will provide the opportunity as you will help prepare for the migration of on-premises infrastructure onto these platforms. You must possess a Degree and/or Certification in Information Systems and be a strong and effective communicator with significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks including 5+ years working with Linux operating systems, 5+ years working with Storage Systems, preferably NetApp, and adept with several programming languages.
- Manage and maintain –
- Infrastructure in Cloud platforms
- Linux operating systems
- Storage systems
- Configuration and housekeeping of monitoring solutions.
- Remediation of security vulnerabilities and scheduled updates.
- Documentation of Failovers and Procedures.
- Vendor Management.
- After Hours Support of production systems.
- Degree and/or Certification and/or in Information Systems (Essential).
- Expert at Linux operating systems with at least 5+ years working experience.
- 5+ Years working experience with Storage Systems, preferably NetApp.
- Adept at programming language/s.
- Communicate effectively.
- NetApp Certification.
- Solaris Certification.
- AWS Certification.
- 2+ Years with Cloud platforms.
- Highly autonomous.
- Very detail oriented.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.