Legal Advisor (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A dynamic FinTech company in Joburg seeks a highly methodical & self-driven Legal Advisor, preferably an Admitted Attorney, to join its team where your role will entail Contract Management, monitoring regulatory/legislative changes and delivering robust solutions in line with the legal framework. You will also aid the compliance function, draft, review and update business policies while acting as Deputy Information Officer for Business. You must possess a Law Degree – LLB/BCom Law with 3-4 years’ experience in Financial Services, have Commercial Law experience and knowledge of Retirement Funds and Administration, FAIS, FICA, CISCA and FSR. Any RE1, RE4, CFP, Unit Trust and Linked investment industry experience and knowledge of CRS/AEOI in addition, will prove beneficial.
- Contract Management including involvement in negotiations.
- Monitor and communicate regulatory/legislative changes and its impact to the business and its clients.
- Assess management needs and deliver solutions in line with the legal framework.
- Provide guidance and simplify legal requirements for the business and its clients.
- Assist the compliance function in monitoring.
- Manage and respond to daily and ad-hoc compliance or regulatory requests.
- Plan and facilitate the legal obligations throughout the business.
- Participate in sessions facilitated by management.
- Interact with industry counterparts and industry bodies.
- Review and recommend changes to contractual obligations.
- Draft, review and update business policies (limited to legal scope).
- Act as Deputy Information Officer for Business.
- Law Degree (LLB or Bcom Law).
- Admitted Attorney (preferable).
- 3-4 Years’ experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Commercial Law experience.
- Contract drafting and negotiation.
- Knowledge of FAIS, FICA, CISCA, FSR.
- Knowledge of Retirement Funds and Administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related software.
- Knowledge of the Unit Trust and Linked investment industries.
- Knowledge of CRS/AEOI.
- RE1 and RE4.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Intellectually curious and innovative.
- Strong initiative, proactive.
- Delivery orientated and methodical approach.
- Team player.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity.
- Takes full accountability and ownership of all tasks.
- Problem solving ability.