Senior Software Developer (AWS, IaC)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
Software Development –
- Design, develop, and deliver high quality software to internal and external customers.
- Work to create software that is accessible, intuitive and in harmony with client requirements and context.
- Accurate and timely processing of development issues using and/or partner systems.
Team Leadership –
- Actively direct Development team activity and motivate team members.
- Assist with mentoring and growing other Development team members.
Project Coordination –
- Plan Development projects and direct other Development staff in development activities.
- Actively maintain and improve own software development and technology expertise.
Process and Resources –
- Actively maintain and improve Software Development processes, methodologies, and resources.
- Actively promote the use of industry best practice approaches in Software Development projects.
- Applicable tertiary qualification in IT.
- Technical Certifications for Software Development languages utilised.
- Technical Certifications for cloud technologies; AWS Certified preferred.
A cross section of the following experience and technical skills is required:
5-10 Years experience –
- In a similar Software Development role.
- As a Full Stack Developer.
3-5 Years experience –
- As a senior member of Software Development teams or projects.
- With cloud technologies such; preference given to AWS.
AWS IaC Technology Requirements:
- Experience in IaC and serverless development on AWS including:
- AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Step Functions, Parameter/Secrets Store and other AWS serverless services.
- Other foundational AWS services such as S3, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, IAM etc.
- IaC tools and languages such as Terraform, Packer, and CloudFormation.
- RDBMS technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Github, Github Actions, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy etc.
- Experience with designing and building cloud infrastructure for scaled multi-tenancy web applications preferred.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills are required for this role. Lead Software Developers must
be able to express complex concepts clearly and succinctly, both in writing and verbally. They must also be able to listen effectively to fully understand client needs and expectations.Presentation Skills: Excellent presentation skills are required for this role. Lead Software Developers must be comfortable working face to face with internal and external clients to discuss and deliver software development activities.
Software Development Approaches: Lead Software Developers must have strong practical experience with and apply modern software development methodologies, frameworks, and best practices.
Systematic Thinking: Lead Software Developers must have a systematic and thorough approach to software design, software development and problem solving.