Lead Modeller (MUST HAVE BIM & Revit)
Cape Town – Western Cape
SERVE as a key member of the delivery team of the Global Design Centre of a provider of cutting-edge Engineering Solutions seeking the strong leadership & technical expertise of a Lead Modeller where you will help virtually design and construct a wide range of projects. Encompassing a blend of BIM co-ordination, modelling, documentation, and delivery management, this role will see you co-create engineering solutions digitally. The successful incumbent must possess an Autodesk Certified Professional (MEP or Structural) qualification, 6 years or more work experience as a Digital Modeller within the built environment, preferably within a consulting engineering or contracting environment including proficiency in BIM, Revit, Dynamo, Python & Navisworks. Knowledge of ISO 19650 will be hugely beneficial.
- Coordinate the modelling of building structural and/or building services designs forming part of projects such as education and sports facilities, hospitals, data centres, commercial buildings, transport facilities as well as hotels and apartments, sometimes including industrial facilities.
- Effectively setup Revit models in BIM360/ACC that will be used by appointed parties, Lead Consultants and other project sub-consultants (i.e., clients, Architects, Engineers, contractors and other project stakeholders).
- Model and deliver engineering deliverables in Revit using other related programming packages (your Dynamo & Python skills will be highly advantageous).
- Extend digital content libraries through advanced content creation in accordance with internal guidelines.
- Manage and quality check deliverables (incl. modelling works, data/parameter management) carried out as part of a global and multinational dispersed and remote team.
- Co-ordinate with other task teams by federating models for the early identification and pro-active clash avoidance and/or resolution.
- Interface engineering deliverables amongst relevant task teams.
- Facilitate virtual and mixed reality sessions for design collaboration, co-ordination, and consultation purposes, and be interested in the research and implementation of new BIM technology into project work.
- Maintain project records and outputs in accordance with internal quality systems and information management systems.
- Autodesk Certified Professional (MEP or Structural).
- Minimum of at least 6 years or more experience as a Digital Modeller within the built environment, preferably within a consulting engineering or contracting environment.
- BIM and Revit experience is non-negotiable. Certificates are beneficial.
- Experience with coordination tools, such as Navisworks, BIM Glue and/or Revit.
- Knowledge of Dynamo, Python, and other ways to automate your work are highly beneficial.
- Experience with Common Data environments and collaborative cloud platforms such as SharePoint.
- ISO 19650 knowledge will be advantageous.
- Team Leadership abilities.
- A sense of urgency.
- Accuracy, drive for standardisation and eye for detail.