Lead Electrical Modeller (MUST HAVE BIM & Revit)
Cape Town – Western Cape
JOIN the Built Environment Unit of a well-established, Management-owned Engineering Firm seeking your technical expertise as a Lead Electrical Modeller to help virtually design and construct a diverse array of projects. Encompassing a blend of BIM co-ordination, modelling, documentation, and delivery management, this role will see you co-create engineering solutions digitally. You will lead a team of Modellers, coordinate the modelling of building services and effectively set up Revit models in BIM360 that will then be used by clients, Architects, Engineers, and Engineering parties. You will require an Autodesk Certified Professional (MEP), at least 6 years or more work experience as an Electrical Digital Modeller within the built environment including Dynamo, Python, Navisworks & experience with Common Data environments. Experience with BIM and Revit will be non-negotiable.
- Provide leadership to a team of Modellers.
- Coordinate the modelling of building services designs forming part of projects such as education and sports facilities, hospitals, commercial buildings, transport facilities as well as hotels and apartments, sometimes including industrial facilities.
- Effectively set up Revit models in BIM360 that will then be used by clients, Architects, Engineers, and Engineering parties.
- Model and deliver building services projects in Revit and related programming packages (your Dynamo & Python skills will be highly advantageous).
- Extend digital content libraries through advanced family creation in accordance with internal guidelines.
- Manage and quality checking deliverables (incl. modelling works, data/parameter management) carried out by global and multinational dispersed and remote teams.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines by federating models for the early identification and pro-active clash avoidance and/or resolution.
- Facilitate virtual and mixed reality sessions for co-ordination and consultation purposes and be interested in the research and implementation of new BIM technology into project work.
- Maintain project records in accordance with internal quality system.
- Autodesk Certified Professional (MEP).
- Minimum of at least 6 years or more experience as an Electrical Digital Modeller within the built environment, preferably within a consulting engineering environment.
- BIM and Revit experience is non-negotiable. Certificates are beneficial.
- Experience with coordination tools, such as Navisworks, BIM Glue and/or Revit.
- Knowledge of Dynamo, Python, and other ways to automate your work are highly beneficial.
- Experience with Common Data environments and other relevant platforms.
- Accuracy, drive for standardisation and eye for detail.
- The right attitude and a positive mindset, motivated by doing the right thing, getting things done, striving to do things better than yesterday and share a sense of urgency.
- Have an impact in teams and the broader community.
- Think differently and connect with those around them to co-create new opportunities and leave a meaningful legacy.