Junior Tier 1&2 ICT Product Support
IT – Support
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
AN ambitious and strong technical Junior Tier 1&2 ICT Product Support is sought by a leading provider of cutting-edge Telecommunications Solutions to join its fast-paced customer system support team. This team is responsible for the delivery of Information & Communication Technology related infrastructure, administration, technical support and other services as required for the customer systems. The position will require after hours work including remote work. The ideal candidate needs a relevant 3-year tertiary qualification, at least 2 years suitable experience including Windows, Microsoft Server & Microsoft Office Suite, ESET, Backup technologies (Altaro, Arc Server, Tape drives), Infrastructure Monitoring (e.g., PRTG, Nagios, SolarWinds, etc.), Hyper-V, VMware), Linux, Wireshark, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik, Cisco, Dell, SonicWALL, FortiGate & Huawei.
- Resolve user and client issues within SLA.
- Offer remote and potentially onsite support.
- Install and configure hardware and software components.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Repair or replace damaged hardware.
- Perform tests and evaluations of new software and hardware.
- Provide advanced user support and training.
- Pro-active communication to stakeholders.
- Conduct daily system checks and maintenance operations.
- Establish good relationships with all customers and colleagues.
- Manage technical documentation work with 3rd party vendors for system support.
- Technical Project Management.
Server Administration (Windows and/or Linux) –
- Server administration and maintenance.
- User and Group administration.
- Backup administration.
Network Administration –
- IP and Routing design administration.
- Deployment of networks.
- Switch, Wi-Fi, Router and Firewall administration.
- DNS administration.
- Network traffic monitoring and troubleshooting.
- A 3-year tertiary qualification (CTU, Centurion Academy, a University of Technology e.g., CPUT, etc.).
- One or more of the following courses: MCSE, MCSA, Cisco CCNA, RHSE, etc. International Certification would be advantageous.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Windows environment software.
- Microsoft Windows (desktop), Microsoft Server & Microsoft Office Suite.
- Anti-Virus Software (ESET).
- Backup technologies (Altaro, Arc Server, Tape drives).
- Infrastructure Monitoring (e.g., PRTG, Nagios, SolarWinds, etc.).
- VM (e.g., Hyper-V, VMware).
Linux environment software –
- Linux OS.
- DNS (Bind).
- Mail (e.g., Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, etc.).
- Fileserver (e.g., SMB, NFS, iSCSI, etc.).
- VM (Proxmox).
- Mid-level knowledge of routing, switching, IP addressing & FW rules.
- Analysis/Troubleshooting software (e.g., Wireshark).
- Cabling and Crimping.
- Network equipment experience (e.g., Ubiquity, Mikrotik, Cisco, Dell, SonicWALL, FortiGate, Huawei).
- Python, PowerShell and other scripting skills
- Proven telephonic and onsite support history.
- Any additional software and database skills would be advantageous.
- Experience in telecommunication/transmission systems including Wifi, LTE, 5G, VoIP, etc. would be advantageous.
- Experience in fiber optics would be advantageous.
- Professional conduct with punctual behaviour and a strong work ethic.
- Analytical problem-solving with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with different skills.
- Be able to self-manage, especially when operating alone with remote support.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Need to continuously upskill.
- A proactive nature with a positive “Can do” attitude towards any type of work that needs to be done.
- Highly organised.