Junior Tester/Technical Assistant
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape
A cutting-edge Software Specialist seeks a passionate Junior Tester/Technical Assistant to join its team. Your role will entail supporting with technical tasking including testing, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. You will also be expected to troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required. The ideal candidate must have experience building & installing PCs and other equipment, basic Linux, Bash scripting, experience with hardware platforms and Raspberry PI and some ethernet knowledge including IP setup, switches setup, using tools like Wireshark for packet dissection etc.
- Device and software testing.
- Documentation / Technical Authoring.
- Problem Solving.
- Provide technical support to Developers.
- Systems Testing.
- User Support.
- Firmware updates and testing.
- Technical system building.
- Customer device testing.
- Fast construction and testing of new tech ideas.
- Building and installing of PCs and other equipment.
- Knowledge / Experience with hardware platforms; Raspberry PI etc.
- Basic Linux command line scripting knowledge / Bash scripting.
- Some ethernet knowledge (IP setup, switches setup, using tools like Wireshark for packet dissection etc.).
- Basic programming with Python and other languages.
- Diploma in IT or related field.
- Electronics knowledge.
- Excellent work ethics, punctual, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams.