Junior – Senior Process Service Engineer (Mining Data exp)
Somerset West – Western Cape
LEAD and take responsibility by applying your expertise in Mineral Processing & harnessing tech to provide real value to Mining clients across the globe as the next Junior – Senior Process Service Engineer sought by a dynamic Industrial Solutions firm. The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Process or Metallurgical Engineering, have 2-3 years on site Mineral Processing experience including Advanced Data Analytics with the ability to identify data visualization graphs, identify problems in a dataset, systematically & analytically investigate and propose solutions (able to also create an RCA), able to identify value added opportunities for the installed S3 Smart Seniors and proficiency with Python, CSense and Power BI. You will be expected to pass a medical exam.
- Schedule (e.g., daily and weekly) remote monitoring checks and data investigations of process data for Mining, Minerals Processing and other Chemical Engineering industries.
- Smart sensor support services such as sensor calibration, sensor integrity checks and sensor value add investigations.
- Application and interpretation of pre-packaged data analytics solutions for remote monitoring and diagnostic solutions.
- Setup data analytic scripts in Python or CSense to investigate issues and complete benefit estimations.
- Report creation including descriptive, diagnostic and prescriptive insights.
- Execute case management and value tracking workflows.
- Interact with subject matter experts in deep dive data analysis.
- Interact with clients to deliver and track actionable advisories and identify client pain points.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Chemical / Process / Metallurgical Engineering.
- Minimum 2-3 years on site Mineral Processing experience.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Advanced Data Analytics skills.
- Able to create and analyse data visualization graphs –
- Able to identify problems in a dataset.
- Systematically and analytically investigate and propose solutions (be able to create an RCA).
- Ability to identify value added opportunities for the installed S3 Smart Sensors to ensure customer success.
- Advanced proficiency in Data Analysis software (preferably in Python, CSense, Power BI).
- Medically fit – Must be able to pass medical examinations at Mines. Due to their clients operating in the Mining industry – the Covid vaccination will be required.
- Valid Drives’ Licence – Occasional travelling to industrial locations within Southern Africa will be expected.
- In depth knowledge of Minerals Processing Circuits e.g., crushing, grinding and flotation.
- Experience in client-facing role where you were required to receive and address client concerns and drive proposed solutions.
- Consulting experience.
- Post-graduate Diploma/Degree in business related field.
- Leadership and accountability over Key Accounts in a services company.
- Good interpersonal skills in teams of communication and ability to contribute to a team.