Junior Network Engineer (Northern Cape)
IT – Support
Kimberley – Northern Cape
A dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist seeks an ambitious and strong technical Junior Network Engineer whose core focus will be on the maintenance of customer ICT networks as part of its IT Managed Services offering. Support functions will extend from testing and troubleshooting problems to regular maintenance. The role will be based at its Northern Cape division. The ideal candidate must have Matric/Grade 12, an IT tertiary qualification with CCNA or equivalent, FortiGate or equivalents and ITIL. You will also need 1+ years’ work experience delivering Network Security Services in a customer environment including experience with Customer Services & SLA Service Delivery.
- Implementation, maintenance, monitoring and management of network security infrastructure and capability (hardware and software solutions).
- Analyse and solve common and (some) complex network problems through reasoning, troubleshooting and innovative thinking.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the clients and client end-users in support of the Service Delivery Manager and Network Security Operations Manager.
- Create and update documentation related to installation procedures and troubleshooting of network incidents.
- Maintain record via timely updates to ITSM, including accurate information pertaining to actions taken, resolution description and resolution date/time.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to resolve escalated incidents, problems, and queries.
- Maintain service and quality levels according to of the company business standards, processes, and procedures.
- Communicate oral or written feedback and technical information to all levels of end-users and customer IT Management.
- Resolve all incidents and fulfil all service requests within contracted SLA’s.
- Matric or Grade 12 Essential.
- Tertiary IT qualification.
- CCNA or equivalent.
- FortiGate or equivalent.
- At least 1+ years’ experience delivering Network Security Services in a customer environment.
- Awareness to strict IT Policies.
- Customer Service and SLA Service Delivery
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Must be punctual, disciplined and dedicated to effectively execute job requirements keeping in mind internal and external HR and IT policies in place.