Junior Financial Manager (JHB Hybrid)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A highly meticulous & solutions-driven Junior Financial Manager is sought by a dynamic Tech Company to ensure the accurate and timeous preparation of all its financial records. This will include assistance in supervising, directing and coordinating the Finance Department of the company’s entities. The ideal candidate must have Matric/Grade 12, a BCom Accounting/Honours or equivalent tertiary qualification with relevant Finance experience, solid knowledge of Tax & IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and preferably Auditing/Articles/Compliance experience. You must also be proficient with Excel and Pastel Evolution / Microsoft Dynamics Navision.
- Process accounting transactions.
- Preparation of balance sheet recons.
- Provide input on project objectives, deliverables and associated risks.
- Preparation of financial reports including internal KPI reporting.
- Ad hoc requests from stakeholders.
- Assist the Financial Manager with the following:
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to Chief Financial Officer and Executives while recommending further courses of action.
- Responsible for full accounting function.
- Preparation monthly management pack and reports.
- Preparation of schedules for monthly reporting to holding companies including Finnivo management packs, intercompany schedules and KPI reporting.
- Monthly variance analysis and actual vs budget reporting.
- Daily, weekly, monthly cash flow management.
- Sign off purchase orders, payment requisitions and authorise payments.
- Inventory Management from a finance perspective including stock counts.
- Fixed Assets Register maintenance.
- VAT control and reconciliation.
- Overlook sales reporting and CRM data capturing including platform integrations from financial perspective.
- Sign off all journals and credit notes.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with 3rd parties, SARS, Banks, Auditors, suppliers, customers etc.
- Responsible for completion of audit process.
- Assist in preparation and collation of information for budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of budgets/forecasts, with an eye towards compliance.
- Management of year end audit.
- Confirmation of internal and external loans.
- Income and Deferred Tax.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- BCom Accounting/Honours or equivalent.
- Auditing/Articles/Compliance experience preferential.
- Relevant Finance experience.
- Tax knowledge.
- IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Pastel Evolution / Microsoft Dynamics Navision.
- Good Report Writing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to manage people – previous team management essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Deadline and delivery driven.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Disciplined problem-solving approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.