Junior DevOps Engineer
IT – Support ~ IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Develop and support commercial grade web applications and solutions.
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Optimize and improve existing systems and services.
- Identify technical problems and develop software updates and fixes for them.
- Provide root cause analysis for production errors.
- Build and setup new development tools and infrastructure.
- Supportive and collaborative management abilities in a team environment, as well as proven client-facing management skills.
- Be part of a team that focuses on the following –
- New client requirements
- Innovation requests
- Recognised IT Diploma/Certificate in Software Development.
2 – 3 Years Development experience:
- VueJS/React/Angular experience
1 – 2 Years Linux Server / Windows Server experience / Networking:
- Networking (Network+)
- Hardware (A+)
- Virtualization experience (VMware)
- Technical experience in an IT Infrastructure Management environment
Advantageous Skills –
- Passion for technology and learning.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Strong influencing skills as well as relationship and network building skills.
- Team orientated as well as ability to work independently.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Show good judgement in all decisions to ensure sustainability.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks.