Junior Application Developer (3-Year Contract)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
CODE, implement, test, maintain and document solutions within a DevOps environment as the next Junior Application Developer sought by a service provider of Quality Certification and Cold Chain Management. Some of your tasks will be to conduct Unit Testing & Integration Testing, address audit findings and ensure corrective action is taken while participating in secure code reviews and managing and maintaining Wiki. The ideal candidate requires a 3-year National Degree/Diploma in ICT, have 2+ years’ Development experience, be able to interpret business requirements and technical design and your tech tools should include SQL, C#, .Net Core, ReactJS/Blazor, jQuery, Node.js, COBIT, ITIL, DevOps, TOGAF & OWASP. Please note this is a 3-year Fixed-Term Contract.
- Conduct Unit Testing & Integration Testing.
- Address all assigned audit findings and ensure corrective action is being taken.
- Securely develop, test and maintain well-designed and efficient applications as per the user stories and ensure the acceptance criteria are met.
- Participate in secure code reviews, and timeously address technical debt as assigned.
- Ensure System Documentation is kept up to date during the sprint cycles (Azure DevOps Services).
- Coordinate with line functions to ensure highest level of software quality (Senior Developers, Project Manager, Application Development Manager, Application Support, Test Manager, etc.).
- Responsible for delivery within given ICT operational plans.
- Provide information for and compilation of Application Development Dashboards.
- Conduct development.
- Ensure to comply with the procedures and controls to manage Software Development.
- Manage and maintain Wiki.
- Cohesive relations with the Project team.
- 3-Year National Degree/Diploma in ICT.
- 2+ Years’ Development experience.
- Experience in at least some of the Development technologies/products, standards, tools and methodologies.
- MS SQL, C# and .Net Core.
- REST, JSON, SOAP, XML.
- ReactJS/Blazer, jQuery, Node.js.
- Agile experience.
- Experience with Unit Testing.
- Ability to interpret business requirements and implement technical design.
- Knowledge of the latest Application Development practices.
- Knowledge of Software Development governance frameworks and standards e.g., COBIT, ITIL, DevOps, TOGAF, OWASP, etc.
- Working knowledge of APIs, Microservices, networks, PC/Mac OS and mobile devices.
- Relevant Certifications in Software Development.
- Mobile Development experience (Android, Xamarin Forms).
- Experience in Azure DevOps Services.
- Experience in MVC, MVVM, UML and Visio.
- Code scanning tools like SonarCloud.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving DevOps and keep pace with latest thinking and new development technologies.
- Strong collaborative problem solving and analytical capability to manage numerous information sources.
- Strong client-focus with the ability to meet the demands of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and ‘out of the box’ thinking is required.
- Ability to multitask.
- Display an understanding of different functions within an organisation.
- The ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ensure professional and value adding service delivery and build and maintain sound customer relations.