Junior Accountant (DBN)
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
JOIN the Durban team of a cutting-edge UK-based Tech Group seeking a highly analytical & meticulous Junior Accountant to assist in varying tasks – processing and troubleshooting and attending to day-to-day finance and admin requests. You will prepare monthly Management Accounts by capturing bank statements, Monthly Journals, Monthly Billing while also doing a review and reconciliation of Petty Cash and Credit Cards. The ideal candidate must possess a BCom Accounting Degree, have 5 years’ solid financial experience including extensive knowledge on reconciliations, management accounts, journals, VAT and be proficient with Outlook, Excel, Word and QuickBooks.
- Be solely responsible for all finance related tasks relevant to the allocated entities.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including –
- Capturing of the bank statements
- Monthly Journals
- Monthly Billing, etc.
- Review and reconciliation of Petty Cash and Credit Cards.
- Ensure adherence to all compliance related matters and statutory requirements.
- Preparation and review of VAT computations.
- Analysis and review of Payroll computations.
- Review of invoices and statements, ensuring reasonableness and VAT compliance.
- Monthly updating and review of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Prepare audit deliverables for the management company.
- Preparation/Review of Annual Financial Statements.
- Perform routine calculations to analyse various financial aspects of the business and produce reports and financial spreadsheets as requested by the finance team on a regular basis.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices.
- Daily balancing of various payment streams.
- Process payments through various foreign bank accounts.
- Timeous submission of financial information to ensure statutory compliance.
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Attend Finance Department and company-wide meetings, assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives.
- Various other ad-hoc duties as required and requested by the Manager.
- Was solely responsible for all admin related tasks relevant to the allocated entities.
- Various day to day office admin duties.
- Data capturing of spreadsheets.
- BCom Accounting (Minimum).
- 5 Years solid financial experience.
- Accounting background with extensive knowledge on reconciliations, management accounts, journals, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of VAT.
- Highly skilled in administrative tasks.
- Vast experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, QuickBooks.
- Understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty.
- Willingness to work overtime when and if required.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Self-motivation and time management.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills.