Java Spring Software Developer (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Design, specification, coding, testing, and documenting of the system along with team members.
- Lead part time contractors to build and merge system enhancements.
- Provide support to production and customer support services.
- Assist colleagues in the investigation of software and system related problems on existing and new products or solutions.
- A Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 5 Years Java development (version 8 and/or 17).
- Experience with SDLC.
- Solid experience building and consuming REST / Web / Micro-services integrations.
- Maven dependency management.
- Solid experience with SQL database design, querying and processing.
- Familiarity with Linux environments.
- Git version control.
- Experience with system analysis and design.
- Mobile App development.
- NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB / Casandra).
- Continuous Integration.
- Docker containers.
- Automated testing.
- Remain flexible, function under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances.
- Must have the ability to work within a team, but also independently.
- Take responsibility for staying up to date with the latest trends and developments.
- Be willing and keen to share information.
- Have good communication skills.
- Possess a natural tendency to be self-driven and highly self-motivated with a sense of pride in their work.
- Show initiative.
- Have an ability to grasp “big picture requirements” and work with changing environment.
- A strong sense of integrity.
- Able to learn and apply new development tools quickly and efficiently.
- Can accept constructive criticism.