Java Developer (Centurion)
DESIGN cutting-edge architectures, software, hardware and communications to support cross-functional requirements and interfaces as the next Java Developer sought by a dynamic Software Company with a focus on digital transformation. You will also be expected to determine and identify technical requirements based on interactions with Business Analysts and knowledge of enterprise architecture. You will require a relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, experience as an Applications Programmer on large-scale data base management systems, experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc., working knowledge of Object-Oriented design, have worked on high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation, REST, SOAP, APIs, Java/JEE, Spring Boot, JSON, XML, NoSQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ & able to write SQL queries for SQL Server.
- Develop high-level system design diagrams for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Develop and implement moderate to complex applications on one or more platforms.
- Design, develop and implement Unit and Scenario Testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development.
- Help plan project schedules and technical direction while providing quality assurance review and evaluation of existing and new products.
- Analyse user needs.
- Document Application Process.
- Backend Development.
- Software Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented design and development skills.
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Deep understanding of distributed data model.
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Event streaming platforms and message brokers e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT.
- Experience as an Applications Programmer on large-scale data base management systems.
- Writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required.
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Has mentored Junior Software Developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs.
- Understand emerging web and mobile development models.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Verbal and written communication.