Java Analyst Developer (J2EE/WebLogic)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Software development and maintenance –
- Develop software according to functional and technical specifications.
- Follow SDLC requirements.
- Ensure developed software is unit-tested.
- Ensure developed software is peer-reviewed.
- Provide assistance with test case creation.
- Work with Analysts and Testers to implement code that meets defined user requirements.
- Perform own unit testing and provide test scenarios for quality assurance testing.
- Ensure software is under version control, and developed and released from the correct stream.
- Ensure all work is done against a case, updating the case tracking tool as prescribed.
- Provide regular progress updates.
- Analyse system requirements and define the technical functional specifications and solutions.
- Analyse existing legacy source code and identify issues and propose solutions.
- Ensure tracking systems are kept up to date and that delivery leads are aware of any issues relating to assigned work.
- Ensure system documentation, release notes, installation notes and user guides are created and maintained.
- Degree or Diploma in IT or Engineering.
- 3+ Years relevant experience.
- Ideally the candidate should have solid Java/J2EE skills and will have some experience with WebLogic (refer technology specific requirements below).
- Project Life Cycle and software development methodologies.
- Exposure to version control software (e.g., Rational ClearCase, GIT).
- Understanding of Client/Server and integration technologies.
- Some knowledge of UML and UML related Case tools (e.g., Enterprise Architect).
- Ability to understand and solve debug technology specific exceptions.
- Be able to understand the wider system impacts and consequences of changes.
- Solid Java/J2EE v7 or higher.
- Strong working experience in Java software development technologies (Java/J2EE design patterns, Unix experience).
- Solid Java EE application server experience (WebLogic 12c or higher).
- Exposure to Web Servlet Containers (Tomcat 7 or higher, Jetty).
- ANT & Maven.
- Solid Web Services experience.
- Exposure to XML, XPath, XSL, XSD.
- MVC frameworks e.g., Struts and Spring MVC.
- Object relational mapping frameworks e.g., Hibernate.
- Enterprise integration pattern frameworks e.g., Camel.
- Inversion of control frameworks e.g., Spring.
- IONA Orbix.
- Oracle and APEX experience.
- Confident, enthusiastic.
- Able to communicate ideas and thinking.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Willingness to improve and grow with position.