IT Technical Operations Manager (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Infrastructure ~ IT – Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
A pragmatic & solutions-driven IT Technical Operations Manager who is able to drive multiple projects simultaneously is sought by a dynamic Software Service Delivery Provider to join its team. In this hands-on role, requiring a high degree of involvement in technical tasks, you will be expected to actively participate in IT projects, assist with Help Desk tickets, report on progress, address critical incidents, provide mentoring, ensure efficient ticket management, approve changes and drive strategic initiatives. Successful candidates will possess a suitable Degree/Diploma or substantial IT-related work experience with at least 5 years’ administering Linux / UNIX systems & 2 years’ IT Management; Security Compliance Programs (ISO27001, SOC 2, etc.) and managing Cloud environments. Desired tech tools included Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VMware/ESXI, Docker/Kubernetes/Jenkins/GitLab/JIRA and Shell Scripting. Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Infrastructure capacity planning.
- Asset management and disposal.
- IT Governance, compliance, change control and ITSM.
- Updates and patches of critical systems.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Engage with Infosec to enhance the information security posture of the business.
- Stay abreast with industry trends, technologies, tools and best practice.
- Ensure systems are highly available and meet SLA’s.
- Administer and maintain –
- Network, End-point security and SIEM
- Cloud Accounts (Azure / AWS / GCP)
- Microsoft O365
- Active Directory / Azure AD / IAM
- VMware environment (VCenter, ESXI, vROM, vSAN)
- Firewalls, Switches, Wi-Fi Networks, VPN etc.
- On-prem Infrastructure (Network, Compute and Storage)
- Monitoring / Alerting Stack
- Schedule and plan maintenance windows.
- Drive ISO27001 and SOC 2 adoption.
- Ensure data privacy compliance and DLP (GDPR/POPIA).
- Manage IT policies, processes and procedures.
- Prioritise and track work items assigned to team members.
- Enable training, mentoring and career growth of team members.
- Relevant Degree / Diploma or substantial IT related experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering Linux / UNIX systems.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience – IT Management; Security Compliance Programs (ISO27001, SOC 2, etc.) and managing Cloud environments.
- Must hold a current valid Driver’s License and passport.
- Travel to the Cape Town Data Center as needed.
- You must have the legal right to work in South Africa.
Technical Desired (Helpful) –
- Windows Server administration.
- Active Directory / DNS / DHCP administration.
- VMware / ESXI administration.
- Exposure to SDLC and related tooling (Docker/Kubernetes/Jenkins/GitLab/JIRA).
- Shell Scripting.
- Relevant training course completions and certification would be advantageous such as: Microsoft MCSE; VMware; Cloud Certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP); EC Council CEH / Security + / Cisco CCNA; Linux; ITIL.
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-reliant, self-managing team player.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results driven.
- Detailed and structured way of working.
- Flexible and able to work around limitations and constraints.
- Display a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Customer service orientated with a willingness to help.
- Able to work in large, complex and distributed /remote teams.
- Humble, inclusive and co-operative.
- Leads by example.