Junior IT Project Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
MANAGE multiple large and complex IT infrastructure projects from inception to completion, within scope, budget, time, and quality as the next Junior IT Project Manager sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. You will project manage with overall responsibility for the planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closure of projects while co-ordinating installations between vendors, clients and technical teams. You will require Matric/Grade 12 with a relevant Bachelor’s Degree and Project Management Certification with a minimum of 3 years work experience in an ISP environment and 3-5 years working with IT projects. You must also have a solid understanding of networking (non-technical) including fibre, microwave, VLANs, etc. and a basic understanding of IT infrastructure and client/server architectures. You also need to be proficient with MS Projects and Smartsheet.
- Create detailed plans for projects, including project schedule, budget, identifying project goals, setting timelines and identifying resources for the project, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Collaborate with various teams to develop project plans.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Co-ordinate all team members to keep the project objectives on track.
- Escalate and resolve issues and risks.
- Generate project status reports.
- Assist in handover of projects to Operational/Support team.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining project documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage the stakeholder engagement through the project lifecycle.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Engage with vendors to ensure orders are placed and implemented on time and within budget.
- Essential Matric or Grade 12.
- Bachelor’s or appropriate Degree and Project Management Certifications.
- At least 3-year experience in ISP environment.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in IT projects.
- Must have a basic understanding of networking (non-technical): fibre, microwave, VLANs etc.
- Understands basic IT infrastructure and client/server architectures.
- Experience in Project Management tools such as MS Projects and Smartsheet.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate Sales, Technical Teams and Vendors.
- Car and Driver’s License.
- Ability to prioritise tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Must be highly organised.
- Time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Able to tolerate stress.