IT Project Manager (EE)
Cape Town – Western Cape
MANAGE multiple projects, address reliability issues, track project metrics and manage budgets as your expertise and ambition as an IT Project Manager is sought by a dynamic Finance Administration Firm. You will be required to ensure project delivery dates are met with exceptional quality. The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership, ownership, teamwork, excellent communication with a deep curiosity and eventual competence around the system SDLC. You will also require 5+ years’ experience in a BA / Scrum Master / Project Management / Delivery role with a solid understanding of financial markets and financial systems, and be skilled with Flexcube, SQL, Front-end technologies like HTML & CSS, experience with the Retail Investment domain & Transfer Agency.
Project Management –
- Implementation and maintenance of effective delivery frameworks internally and with the outsourced IT service partner.
- Manage the delivery through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including client implementation of the change.
- Project and BAU delivery tracking.
- Professional project updates to clients.
- Manage client requests through the backlog and delivery pipeline.
- Ownership of the delivery of agreed priorities for the year.
- Responsible for delivery relationship with our outsourced IT service partners.
- Ensure that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding project delivery.
- Develop a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of delivery.
- Take accountability for project delivery performance, meeting internal and external client expectations, and driving future demand.
- Analyse third-party as well as internal processes and create strategies for project delivery optimization.
Performance & Quality Management –
- Recommend methods of improvement and see that actions are implemented on time for project delivery upgrades.
- Provide accurate and regular reports to management on performance of project delivery.
- Build strong relationships with teams and stakeholders to enable effective dialogue exchange between departments.
- 5+ Years BA / Scrum Master / Project Management / Delivery experience.
- Understanding of financial markets and financial systems.
- Knowledge of –
- Retail Investment domain
- Transfer Agency
- Front-end development technologies and tools e.g., HTML, CSS etc.
- Database query languages e.g., SQL
- Web Applications
- SDLC process
Highly Desirable –
- SQL experience beneficial
- Exceptional client-facing skills.
- Proven leadership skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive with a sense of urgency and the ability to establish priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to simplify complex problems and processes in a challenging, dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, and not willing to say "OK" until something meets your standards.
- Passionate about great user and client experiences.
- great team player, able to interact easily with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to source information from the users/clients.
- Able to work under pressure, time management, provide reasonable effort estimations and to be able to multi-task across multiple projects and communicate effectively.
- Unquestionable integrity and accountability.
- Uncompromising in delivery of excellent quality.
- Proven track record of understanding and identifying risks in functional changes and successfully directing efforts appropriately.